Video by Robert Kopitzke, PT, MPI, USACC, NMR
Body Concepts physical therapists work individually with you for your entire therapy session. Support staff (aids or assistants) are not utilized. In addition, you will find your physical therapist works for a minimum of 45-minutes with you…We feel this provides a superior level of care enabling faster recovery and better long-term results.
Body Concepts Physical Therapists are certified in the Pilates technique. Specifically, they are trained to apply Pilates techniques to poor movement patterns that often are either the source of, or compensation for an injury.
Benefits of Pilates-Based Rehabilitation
• Increases core strength and coordination of movement
• Addresses postural position, strength, flexibility, and endurance
• Corrects strength and flexibility imbalances
• Exposes faulty movement patterns that are often the source of injury
• Low impact on the joints and assistive in nature…allowing earlier return to movement and exercise to speed healing
• Improves balance and agility
Sports Physical Therapy
Our therapists are competitive athletes, which provides an improved level of understanding and expertise when working with fellow athletes. Specialized services are frequently used including biomechanical video analysis of your motion and on-site sports evaluation. Athletic groups we specialize in working with include:
• Cyclists (road, mountain, triathlon, cyclocross)
• Throwing Athletes
• Adventure Racers
• Soccer Players
and more. . .
Custom Foot Orthodics
We offer a complete and thorough lower extremity biomechanical analysis that may include casting and preparation of custom foot orthotics. Injuries of the feet, knees, hips, and low back often have their root in poor foot mechanics and hence poor leg or low back alignment. Alignment of the lower extremities is not only important in preventing or treating injuries, but is also critical in optimizing efficiency, strength and power. Cyclist, runners, and various other foot dependent athletes can often benefit from custom orthotics.
Click here to see if your insurance company is on our list of approved providers.